Startup AddVenture Kiev, Ukraine – tech conference and startup competition (4-5 December, 2013)Comments Off on Startup AddVenture Kiev, Ukraine – tech conference and startup competition (4-5 December, 2013) August 19, 2013 | Romanian Startups
Startup AddVenture tech conference and startups competition managed to bring in some heavy names in the startup world, names which would make any conference proud to have them. It will be taking place between December 4-5 2013 in the capital of Ukraine: Kiev (at the Ukrainian National Stadium “Olympic”).
Dave McClure from 500Startups, Don Dodge from Google Ventures, Mike Butcher from Techcrunch, Michael Bayle from ESPN Mobile, Robin Wauters from TheNextWeb as well as local known tech entrepreneur, VC or media representatives like Katia Gaika from Skolkovo, Igor Ryabenkiy from Altair Capital, Olexandr Tkachenko from 1+1 Media, Anna Degtereva from Happy Farm, Igor Zhadanov from Readdle, Piotr Wilam from Innovation Nest and others.
The conference and the competition is not limited to just Ukrainian tech scene but startups and participants from the whole Europa are invited. The tag of the competition is “Searching for the best European startup of 2013”, after all.
To apply to the startup competition you need to follow these rules:
– Must be incorporated and/or have a physical presence in Europe.
– Must have raised no more than $2M USD total.
– Must apply through Angel List by 23:59 EET on November 8th, 2013.
– 10 finalists and 2 (runner-up) alternates will be chosen by November 22nd.
– Each finalist team will receive 2 free all access passes to EVS.
– Finalists must be able to make their own travel arrangements and be in Kyiv December 2-5.
– Finalists must attend one or more mentoring sessions and pitch rehearsals December 2-3.
– Finalists will present live on-stage to a panel of investor judges December 5th where the winner will be chosen.
– Winner is responsible for any applicable taxes for the prize.
The application can be submitted only through AngeList (by 8th of November) and the finalists will receive free all access passes to the conference and present on stage in front of a panel of investors for the €25K cash prize.
Hope to see some Romanian startups selected for this competition!
There is also a Startup Expo part of the conference where startups and established companies will show off their products to investors, partners, potential co-founders and employees. Your startup will get a table with power and wi-fi to showcase your company to all conference attendees. Each table comes with 2 full access passes and a discount on additional tickets.
Organized closed workshops with mentors (75% of the time, as opposed to 25% of the time dedicated to thematic panels) is also an exclusive opportunity to get practical advice and recommendations from the world’s top professionals.
The workshops are in the areas of Design, Mobile, Ecommerce, Pitching, Growth Hacking and Gaming.
Romanian Startups partenered with Startup AddVenture – Europe Venture Summit as a media partner.
We hope to have some Romanian startups selected for the competition and to cover their Ukrainian “AddVenture” here.