How to Web 2013 – Bucharest: Innovation, entrepreneurship and technologyComments Off on How to Web 2013 – Bucharest: Innovation, entrepreneurship and technology September 19, 2013 | Romanian Startups
On November 20-21, Crystal Palace Ballrooms from Bucharest hosts the 4th edition of How to Web (founded by Bogdan Iordache), the most important web and technology event in Romania and South Eastern Europe. Famous international speakers come for the first time in Romania to share their best practices with an audience of more than 800 persons.
The conference will be doubled by Startup Spotlight, competition and orientation program showcasing the 32 most innovative start-ups in the region, along with world-class accelerators, investors and support programs.
The major topic of How to Web event – “Let’s grow together in 2013!” – will bring into discussion the way in which successful products can be developed at a global scale. The subjects covered include innovation and scalability, mobile apps, software-as-a-service and social games, big data and smart interfaces, hardware and IT, as well as product localization and the particularities of the East-European Market.
The attendants will get the chance to follow practical case studies, discover how tech innovation changes the world, and meet peer tech entrepreneurs and professionals. In the end, they will have the chance to apply the lessons learned for scaling their products and further growing their own companies.
Among the guests confirmed so far one has to mention:
– Thomas Hartwing (CTO & Co-Founder King.com, worldwide leader in casual social games with more than 40 million monthly players)
– Christian Reber (CEO and Founder of 6Wunderkinder, one of the most successful European startups to date)
– Paul Ford (VP and CEO Soft Layer, infrastructure company bought by IBM with 2 billion USD at the beginning of the year)
– Adii Pienaar (Co-Founder and ex-CEO Woo Themes, leading WordPress themes and plugins provider)
– Kei Shimada (Director of Business Development Dentsu, Japanese American entrepreneur from New York that has decided to devote his time to helping Japanese companies with their mobile product & service strategies in expanding across borders and guiding International companies with their entry into Japan)
– Tal Siach (Co-Founder and CMO of Visual.ly, the world’s largest community of infographics and data visualization)
– Philipp Kandal (Co-Founder and CTO of Skobbler, company that has won the Navteq LBS challenge 2009 as the most innovative European LBS start-up and currently has more than 3.5 million users)
– Michael Levit (Founder of Spigot and Managing Partner Founders Den, exclusive San Francisco incubator)
Startup Spotlight – competition for cee early-stage startups
Startup Spotlight brings together the 32 most innovative start-ups in the region, world-class accelerators, investors, international technology experts, as well as start-up support programs.
The teams having the best results will have the chance to pitch their products on the main How to Web scene, and the winners will receive cash prizes of 20.000 USD.
Moreover, the attending teams will receive feedback and will network with representatives of one the most appreciated accelerators worldwide.
Among the confirmed mentors so far there are:
– Jon Bradford (Managing Director TechStars London, UK, intensive 13 week mentor-led program providing seed capital, office spaces and access to the community)
– Carlos Espinal (Partner of Seedcamp, UK, Europe’s leading micro-seed investment fund and mentoring program)
– Rune Theill (Program Director Rockstart, The Netherlands, program that provides seed investment, 6-months of office space, 99 mentors, coaching by entrepreneurs in residence and a 3-week road-trip to Silicon Valley)
Also, guests from last year come back in the program to share their experience with the participants: Lyuben Belov (Co-Founder LAUNCHub, Bulgaria), Dylian Dimitrov (Founder Eleven Startup Accelerator, Bulgaria), and Sitar Teli (Managing Partner Connect Ventures, UK) are among them.
Very early bird tickets for How to Web 2013 are available until September 27 and they can be bought online at www.howtoweb.co.
Innovative start-ups from all over the region are invited to apply to Startup Spotlight until October 20 by completing the form available at www.startupspotlight.co.
Attendance to Startup Spotlight is free for the 32 finalists that will be selected by a jury of international experts. How to Web is an event developed with the support of IXIA and X3.
The visibility of the How to Web event is ensured by the main media partners Adevărul, Prove PR, Digi TV, Forbes Romania, Capital, Wall-Street.ro, Evenimentul Zilei, DAS Cloud, Revista Cariere, Ctrl-D, Startups.ro and Entrpreneur.bg, and the media partners Economy.bg, Newtrend.bg, Digijtale, IT Dogadjaji, CEE Startups, Invendor.hu, Goal Europe, IQ Ads, Computer World, PC World, Business Cover, Tech Cover, Business Woman, Gadget & Trends, Comunicaţii mobile, Market Watch, Business Review, Manager Express, România Liberă, Comunicatedepresă.ro, Zelist, Ejobs and Today Software Magazine.
RomanianStartups.com is also a media partner with How to Web and it’s supporting the event with all its means. How to Web is profiled on Romanian Startups website, in the Events section.