VentureConnect: 12 great companies pitching on 5 November, 2013Comments Off on VentureConnect: 12 great companies pitching on 5 November, 2013 October 29, 2013 | Romanian Startups
VentureConnect‘s next session is scheduled for November 5, 2013, and it will be hosted by one of the most exciting locations in Bucharest: Digiplex Grand Cinema in Băneasa Shopping City.
Following the spring edition of this year, the new autumn event will include two pitch sessions. If the first part is designed for early-stage companies that are looking for a seed investment, in part two, there will be presentations of mature companies that need substantial capital infusion.
The 12 companies selected (some are tech companies too) for presenting on stage for this edition of VentureConnect show real business promise, and you can find a more detailed description of each below. This is the eight session of VentureConnect, the project starting in early 2010.
In time, over 300 companies from Romania, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Croatia, Hungary and USA have applied for the previous VentureConnect sessions. Among them, the best 12 companies have been selected to present their businesses to more than 250 representatives from Central and South-East Europe.
Since then, VentureConnect has facilitated two major investments. On one hand, in 2011, www.tjobs.ro project, an online recruitment platform which attracted funding from Andreas Cser (business-angel Fraser Finance), Alexis Bonte and Post-Privatizare Foundation, and, on the other hand, BITTNET Systems (www.bittnetsystems.ro), market leader in the field of Network Training in Romania, has announced that would receive investment from Razvan Capatina, a Romanian business angel.
If you wish to attend the 5th of November session, drop a line to the event’s project manager, Alexandra Dumitru, at email@example.com.
See the companies which are pitching this time.
The following meeting brings to the table both early stage start-ups as well as more mature companies; all of them businesses which have reached a certain stage of development and are looking for more financial and mentoring boost in order to further develop their activity.
Here are the final 12 projects, out of a line-up of 54 applying companies:
1. Fashion Up (www.fashionup.ro) – the first Romanian online mall with over 400 national and international fashion brands with more than 25.000 products
2. FlorideLux.ro (www.floridelux.ro) – offers quality products and services with delivery anywhere in Romania
3. Expressoft (www.expressoft.eu) – provides software & hardware solutions for businesses on international level, in the hospitality & retail industry
4. GameMatch (gamematch.me) – free mobile platform that matches players with the right games and developers with their target audience
5. Gloria Food (www.gloriafood.com) – online food ordering for all food lovers and makers
6. Wallet Buzz (www.walletbuzz.ro) – mobile marketing platform
7. Minutizer (www.minutizer.com) – real time payments for real time services
8. Simbound (www.simbound.com) – online courseware content publishing & edtech services
9. Hypertalk (www.hypertalk.net) – professional video communications tools and services through an innovative web platform
10. Omnipaste (www.omnipasteapp.com) – multi-screen and cross-platform communication, simple as Copy and Paste
11. The Small Island (www.insulacelormici.ro) – educational cross-media project set in the small world of the bugs and aimed at children ages 5 to 9
12. Jobs Alert (www.jobsalert.ro) – platform for recruiting abroad
For more details regarding this event please head on VentureConnect website.