13 promising Romanian tech startups are part of the MVP Academy Class of 2015Comments Off on 13 promising Romanian tech startups are part of the MVP Academy Class of 2015 March 20, 2015 | Romanian Startups
MVP Academy is a satellite-program of How To Web tech conference from Bucharest, Romania.
For 7 weeks, the academy will take the selected applications out of their comfort zone and bring them into the startup world at TechHub Bucharest. It’s here where the applicants will build valuable connections to help take their products to the next level and get loads of learning and work done.
Most of the finalists this year have founded other companies before (either failed startups or service companies), or have in their teams tech professionals with a proven record and valuable expertise.
Let’s meet them!
1) Accelerole: pay-as-you-go management software that helps freelancers and agencies master the bill-by-the-hour structure & better manage their internal processes;
2) Catwalk15: mobile app that helps you get instant fashion advice and find style inspiration;
3) Clepsisoft CyberFog: proactive cybersecurity solution which can deflect cyberattacks targeting your company;
4) CloudHero: management and reporting product that empowers teams and individuals to manage their infrastructure, deploy new services and control the costs from one single place;
5) Conversion Network: integrated marketing software that enables affiliate marketers to build and scale their business with less effort and better results;
6) InnerTrends: web analytics solution for web apps and ecommerce websites focused on tracking customers;
7) MyDog.xyz: platform that interconnects dog owners, dog service providers and parks;
8) SafeDrive: mobile app that improves the traffic safety by rewarding the users that don’t use the phone while driving with points that can be converted in products and services;
9) Seeds: unified survey platform for heavy data gatherers;
10) Squady: platform that helps people discover, join and create social activities in an easy and intuitive way;
11) Swapr: easy to use mobile app that allows women to exchange clothes with each other anytime, anywhere;
12) SwipeTapSell: single-page browser-based app that offers a streamlined mobile and tablet experience, helping online stores to engage and convert more;
13) Unloq: a new way to authenticate and authorize transactions that replaces passwords with devices, thus offering its users increased security, simple & free.
The finalists will also have the opportunities of building valuable connections in the industry by working with experienced mentors & professionals such as Jon Bradford (Managing Director, Techstars UK), Mike Butcher (Senior Editor, TechCrunch Europe), Alex Barrera (Co-Founder, Tech.eu & Press42), Ivan Brezak Brkan (Editor, Netokracija), Olaf Lausen (Chief of CEO Staff & Business Development Director, Telekom Romania) or Florin Talpeș (CEO & Founder, Bitdefender).
Throughout the program, the finalists will discuss with angel investors, early stage investment funds that are active in the region (Early Bird, 3TS Capital Partners) and with representatives of worldwide known accelerators such as Techstars, Startupbootcamp, Startup Wiseguys, Ignite 100 or LAUNCHub.
Everything will wrap up with the Demo Day, which will take place on May 14th.
RomanianStartups.com partnered with MVP Academy and How To Web in making the Romanian startup scene more known inside and outside Romania.