MVP Academy Bucharest accelerator program – the 2016 editionComments Off on MVP Academy Bucharest accelerator program – the 2016 edition March 17, 2016 | Romanian Startups
28 accelerated startups, more than 1 million USD in seed investments & 13 products launched on the global market. These are, in a nutshell, the results of the first 2 editions of MVP Academy, their accelerator program. Tech founder working on a product with global potential? Apply by March 31st and you can be part of the MVP Academy batch of 2016!
When and where?
April 11th – May 31st @ TechHub Bucharest
What’s in it for you?
– Know-how: workshops and crash courses in customer development, product, growth hacking, investment, legal & more;
– Lead generation: Mentoring, on-demand meetings, and access to an international network of 400 mentors & 700+ startups;
– Pitching: Lots of presentations & pitch practice sessions to help you fine tune your pitch;
– Seed investment opportunities: Some of the best teams in the 2016 batch can raise an average of 50k EUR in exchange for a minority stake in the company from MVP Angels, the angel investors network associated with the program;
– Ongoing support: Throughout the program you’ll attend 1 on 1 coaching sessions with a hands-on approach to help you build your business and product strategy.
The team is looking for tech startups that think big and have the capacity to execute and learn fast. There are a couple of eligibility criteria you should comply with in order to make the most out of the program:
– You are an early-stage tech startup in its first 2 years of activity;
– You are committed to building your product;
– You have at least a working prototype to show us;
– You have not raised more than 50k in funding for the current product;
– You have no prior acceleration experience with the product you’re currently working on.
Steps to take
– Gather data about your startup (team, product, market);
– Fill in your F6S startup profile (don’t forget to add a profile here too, on RomanianStartups.com)
– Complete the application form by March 31st
13 of the 28 startups accelerated so far in MVP Academy have launched their products on the global market, and more than 1 million USD in seed funding have been raised to date. Some of their alumni are:
– InnerTrends, startup that helps web and mobile developers optimize their user acquisition process by better understanding user behavior;
– Clepsisoft CyberFog, a proactive cyber-security solution that helps companies deflect cyber attacks;
– CloudHero, a PaaS that automates the management and scaling of an application across any public cloud;
– Gloria Food, free online ordering systems for restaurants, now available in 25 languages and having a 600+ network of active restaurants;
– SafeDrive, mobile app that encourages responsible driving by rewarding drivers that do not use their phones;
– Axosuits, affordable exoskeletons for people with disabilities, are part of the MVP Academy alumni network.
Start working on your application and don’t forget to hit the apply button by Thursday, March 31st! If you’ve got any questions, drop a line to email@example.com (the program coordinator) and he’ll get back to your shortly!
See below the MVP Academy follow-up report